What are the most popular essay paper formats?
You will be surprised, but many students never heard about different essay paper formats. Moreover, some people think that they even don’t need to know about them. This category of students prefers to use special writing services and don’t worry about the rest. There are many arguments: some people think it is bad, and other don't find anything wrong with that students don’t do homework by themselves. Both opinions have the right to exist. If a student has enough free time, it is wise to write the essay by yourself. Meanwhile, in many cases, such as family, work, health, and other problems, writing services become the best and only solution. Well-educated writers can create an outstanding essay for you in short terms and at the affordable price. Due to the fact that the market is overwhelmed with such companies, sometimes it is hard to find the right one and not to get on the fraudster. Let’s discuss how to distinguish high-quality services from their low-quality competitors.
Criteria for evaluation the online writing service
- Customer service. All companies that care about their clients have a well-trained stuff willing to help you at any time of the day or night. The easiest way to check how it works is to fill the contact form on the company’s website. If you receive professional assistance in the short term, you can expect your further requests will be processed as quickly. However, when you receive answers, like “we don’t know”, “why do you ask”, or “we don’t provide such information”, or it takes days to answer your question, you must be alert.
- The price and time frames. Usually, companies have several tariff plans where prices depend on time frames. So, if you have enough time, it will cost rather cheap, but if time is running out, you can overpay two or more times.
- Quality. As you may know, it is the most important criteria, yet it is less obvious and difficult to verify. Unfortunately, you will understand the quality of your essay only after your teacher will evaluate it, but it will be too late to modify it. For this reason, let’s check some indirect indicators that will help you to understand who you are dealing with. First, check testimonials. Use third party resources to find out what other people say about the company. What are the most common problems? Second, check the company’s location. If the company is situated in China, you cannot expect to work with native speakers. Third, read terms and conditions. You must clearly understand when and why you can request modifications.
As you can see, selection of the appropriate writing service requires time and attention. Don’t neglect this step because it can get you in trouble. Meanwhile, if don’t want to use such services and want to write the essay by yourself, you don’t need to worry about it. You should think about essay paper formats, structure, and requirements. Let’s start with formats.
Nowadays, there is a bunch of various essay paper formats, but the most famous and widely used are two basic ones: the APA format and the MLA one. Originally, the APA format was invented in 1929 and covered a wide range of questions, including syntax and punctuation, titles and their length, presentation of statistics, citations, creation of graphic and tables, and other useful elements that helped to make a well-structured article. Since that time, the APA has been modified many times, and the sixth edition is used now. Meanwhile, the MLA has a longer history, and it is not only a collection of regulations and rules for writing works, but it is an association of about 25,000 members in more than 100 countries all over the world. The Modern Language Association was found in 1883. This organization gave an opportunity to its members to share the experience with colleagues and discuss latest trends in education.
How to write an essay paper?
“How to start writing the essay” is probably the most common question for modern students. Thereby, the answer to this question will help to save time and write a good paper. The first task is to find out what format your educational institution prefer, either the APA format or the MLA one. If you choose the wrong one, you can make many contextual and structural errors. Let’s review the main difference between these two formats.
- The font. Both formats require using 12pt fonts. The APA recommends using Times New Roman or Courier for main text and sans-serif, like Arial, for figures. As for the MLA one, its recommendations are not so strict; it requires to apply easily readable fonts.
- Indentation. The regulations for paragraph indention are five spaces for the MLA format and up to seven spaces for the APA one.
- The title (first) page. The MLA doesn’t demand the title page, but the first page of each thesis must include: student’s and teacher's name, course of study, and date. This information should be located in the top left corner and must be written on separate lines. Meanwhile, the APA style has more stringent rules. For instance, the title page must include: the words "Running head:", paper title, name, and name of school.
- Headings. When you apply the APA format, the main heading must be centered. And, the italicized second level heading has to be placed on the left side of the page.
- Graphic materials and tables. The MLA requires students to place such materials as close to the subject of illustrations in the text as possible. While the APA demands to place all tables and other graphical materials at the end of the essay.
- Major sections and their order. The APA format underlines the value of structure and requires each section to start on a new page. The title page, resume, introduction, body that includes the discussion, conclusion, references, appendixes, illustrations like tables and figures can be named among these elements.
Despite many differences, these two formats have many similarities. Let’s check some of them.
- Alignment of text. Left alignment.
- Spacing. Double line spacing.
- Page margins. 1" for all side of the page.
- Paper size. A4 paper standard.
- End of sentence. One or two spaces. Depends on teacher’s preferences.
- Page numbers. Must be placed in the upper right corner of each page of the document.
As you can see, the APA style and the MLA one have both similar and distinctive features. However, it can become very annoying to change one format to another after the work was completed. That is why, before you start working on your project, don’t hesitate to ask your teacher what format you should use for your essay.
The essay paper format: the introduction, body, and conclusion.
After you choose the right format, you still have to write your essay. Thereby, another question appears – what structure you should follow. The outline for each essay is different, but you must follow the certain organizational structure. Let’s review necessary elements that must be presented in each type of essay, including a SAT essay paper, an expository essay, a persuasive essay, an analytical essay, or an argumentative essay.
- The introduction. This part is very important because it allows the reader to understand should he keep reading the paper or this article doesn’t deserve his attention. In order to make your article stand out of the crowd and make it useful for readers, you should answer several questions in your introduction. The first question is what you are talking about in this essay. The answer to this question will be the subject of your work. The second question describes how the paper will be organized and have the brief introduction to key points. And, the last question is what you are going to prove in the paper. Generally, it is a thesis statement, and it is placed in the last sentence of the first paragraph. The statement clearly displays the argument or main point that you are discovered in your essay.
- The body. It includes everything from your intro to conclusion; you should write all your arguments here. A good idea for the body is to start each key point from the separate paragraph. Each paragraph should include the following elements: the introduction to the point, explanation of your point, provision of evidence, explanation how evidence and the point are related to your article.
- The conclusion. It restates the introduction. You should list all main points of your essay. In addition, you should emphasize that the statement of your paper was proven and deserves future research.
This structure will help you to organize your essay and make it easier to read and understand. Meanwhile, you can meet another problem – how to choose the right topic. Actually, it is possible to write about anything, but it is much easier to write about familiar subjects. In this case, you can show off your in-depth knowledge and impress your teacher. Let’s discover the most popular essay topics:
- What is the best way to help homeless people? This topic will be perfect for students who like helping others and care about unfortunate people. In the introduction, you should state the thesis how you are planning to help. In body paragraphs, it will be good to present information that confirms your theory. And, the conclusion must summarize all your ideas and evidence.
- How can parents encourage their children to study? It is a very urgent problem for both children and parents because the last uses methods that do not work. Meanwhile, children trying to resist and sabotage all new ideas. So, it will be great to consider this problem by the student.
- Is it possible to succeed in work and study at the same time? The majority of students know this problem and definitely have something to say on this subject. Moreover, if you have the solution, it will come in handy to many other people of your age.
- How can colleges attract and support talented teachers? Today, professional teachers are rather rare. Most of them are good in theory, but they have no practical experience. That is why, the question appears – “How the theorist can teach practical knowledge and skills”.
- How should parents teach their children about money making and management? Many young people are not ready for adult life. They don’t know how to make money and don’t know how to save them. Is it possible to learn it in childhood?
- How is it possible to encourage students to drive safely? Car crashes are an essential part of the student life. Do you have a solution?
- How can you find your love? All teenagers want to know the answer to this question.
- Is it possible to protect your home from terrorists? Terrorism is a serious problem nowadays. Many scientists and politicians research this topic, yet you can make your contribution to the solution.
- What is the best way to prevent sports injuries? If you are a professional sportsman, this topic will be interesting to you. Moreover, you know it and can make some useful recommendations.
- How can you choose the right college? Due to the fact that many parents try to help their children to make the appropriate choice, some kids get into the wrong education institution. As a result, they have to obtain an unwanted profession and work on an unwanted job.
Overall, the question “how to write the essay” is not that hard as people think, but it requires attention to details and clear mind. First of all, you should understand what format to use, either the MLA one, or the APA style. Then, you should find the topic that you like and make a preliminary structure of your work with the introduction, body, and conclusion. Meanwhile, when you write the essay don’t forget to check your work for grammar, syntax, and punctuation errors, as well as plagiarism. These mistakes can destroy even the best work. However, if you don’t have time or desire to make the paper by yourself, you can always hire our company to make it for you. Our best writers will be happy to help you and make a high-quality paperwork.