What is the best graduate school essay format?
Graduate school essay writing is a hard task, not because it requires some specific knowledge or calculations, but because the stakes are high and the outcome of your essay is usually getting or not getting to the graduate school. Frightening, right? If that’s true for you, don’t get in despair – contact our managers and they will find the best graduate school application essay writer for you. We will handle the task quickly and conveniently for you, without any excessive stress or trouble! Not your piece of cake? Want to try to write your paper independently? All right, then study our advice that will help you succeed in writing.
The graduate school essay, as well as the recommendation letter, GPA (grade point average), the personal statement, and GRE scores, is an essential part of every application process in the high school. Its main goal is to collect information about the applicant that will help in the decision-making process. This essay shows personal characteristics of the enrollee, including his ability to present himself, grammar skills, creativity and unconventional approach, etc. As one may note, a good essay can help you to achieve your dreams, and the bad paper can make you fail. For this reason, your admission school essay must be honest, well-organized, and interesting to read.
Basic topics for the graduate school application essay
Due to the fact that the graduate school essay is a complex work and the most challenging part of the application process, school admissions offer the guidance and instructions for its applicants. The answer to these instructions can help you write a perfect essay. Let’s check the most popular topics.
- Your goals and dreams. Do you have any plans for your future career? What are they? How the educational institution will help you to achieve your dream? Where are you going to work after graduation? In five years after graduation?
- Academic achievements. What are your most important victories and achievements? Do you have any rewards?
- Academic experience. What research experience do you have? What research did you conduct? What were results?
- Work experience and internship. What experience do you have in the chosen field? How can it help you in the future study?
- Academic preferences. What are your favorite subjects? Describe your academic preferences and interests. What academic research do you want to make?
- Match to the school and the faculty. Do you know history of the school? What do you know about the chosen educational institution? How do your goals match with the faculty ones? With whom do you want to work with? How can you contribute to the school?
- Personal story. Describe your life, including your family, friends, hobbies, work, home, brightest moments of your life, etc.
- Strengths and Weaknesses. Determine your weaknesses and strengths. Is it possible to compensate your weaknesses?
How to strengthen the graduate school application essay?
There are many ways to prepare for the graduate school essay writing. Our expert writers usually advise to take the following steps for the best result:
- Visit the campus of the graduate school to which you want to apply to learn it better, to make sure you want to study there, and to find out more about its history and culture
- Attend some classes during the visit to feel the atmosphere; it may become a wonderful source of inspiration and coverage in your admission essay
- Speak with current students and staff to find out whether they are satisfied with being in that school, what advantages and disadvantages learning there has, etc.
- Attend the school admission events to compare several schools and find your best one
- Subscribe to the graduate school’s website, blogs, podcasts, and other social media to keep pace with its latest news and events
Getting ready for the writing process
Even after you learn much about the graduate school to which you aim to get, the writing process may still seem a gloomy prospect. We have prepared a simple algorithm that will allow you to derive inspiration for the writing project and to consider the most vital elements to be covered in a graduate school admission essay. Check out our recent research findings and observations about graduate school essay writing:
- Admission committees complain of too many essays’ similarity. This may be your trouble as well – admissions officers get deadly bored with identical essays, literary devices, etc. So think of what makes you unique, or different, or unusual. Don’t think too much of unique features relevant to this specific school – just stand out of the crowd and get noticed; you will have an opportunity to prove your academic credentials later.
- A great deal of attention is paid to intellectual influences in admission essays. This is the beloved topic for all schools and they will surely ask you, either in the essay or in the subsequent interview. Be ready! To prepare well and to get fully aware of your intellectual influences, ask yourself these questions:
- What writers and what works in a specific field of study had the greatest influence on development of your thought, values, ethics, and morale?
- Who were your favorite teachers and why did you like them? what did they teach you and how did they influence you?
- Which book, play, article, or film do you consider the most important for you, the most influential?
- What is the most important concept you learned in your life?
- You should be able to build a historical overview of etiology of your career choice. You are a student now, but the graduate school’s admission committee is first of all interested in which professional you will become in future. To get ready for this part of the task, ask yourself:
- How has my interest evolved and what specific turning points can I identify?
- What work experiences have led me to believe that I want to pursue graduate education?
- What volunteering, traveling experiences influenced my career direction?
- What family experiences have influenced by choice of this career path?
These steps make a solid base for the actual writing of your essay, giving you a better insight into who you are, how you have become this personality, and where this all leads you. So go on, let’s get the writing started!
How to structure the graduate school admission essay?
When you know the main topics that you should reveal in your paper, you should learn how to organize it. The well-structured essay will show members of the admissions office your ability to logical thinking and coherent writing. Your essay must include an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. Check how to write each element of your paper.
- The introduction. It is the most essential part of your school paper, especially the first sentence. It must be original and attention-grabbing. Do not use hackneyed phrases and templates. The introduction states your desire to study the subject. Its main goal is to draw attention and make them read the rest paragraphs of your work.
- The body. It includes several paragraphs that prove the thesis statement. Each paragraph must contain only one idea, evidence, and transition to the next paragraph. Good ideas for body paragraphs are: education achievements, academic and work experience, your goals, weaknesses and strengths, and other personal information. Also, you ought to explain that you are a good match for the school in the last paragraph.
- The conclusion. It is the last paragraph of your graduate school essay. Thereby, you can repeat the key ideas from the body of your paper, but don’t include any new concepts.
As you may see, the format of the graduate school application essay is very similar to other types of essays. Just don’t be afraid to show yourself; be honest. After you completed your work, it will be good to double check it for key elements.
The graduate school admission essay checklist
- Did you include the personal statement?
- You described your plans for future and goals, didn’t you? Do they fit with the school goals?
- Did you include your personal characteristics?
- Check for grammar, syntax, and punctuation errors. Proofread your essay.
- Did you mention your strengths and ways to compensate your weaknesses?
- Did you use positive language and avoid negativity?
- Each paragraph reveals only one idea and has evidence, isn’t it?
- Avoid excuses for experiences and grades.
- What do you offer to the school? Do you fit?
- Is it interesting to read your essay?
- What makes you a unique applicant? Why do you think you are better than others?
This checklist will help you to remember to re-check your work and find weak spots if you have them. Also, your work must not be too long because many applicants want to include their entire life, but not too short. The main idea of this work is to show why you deserve to study. If this information is not enough, you can check samples of the graduate school application essay in the Internet. Such search requests as “Personal statement for graduate school sample essays” or “graduate school application essay samples” will help you to find the right examples.
Another topic that deserves your attention is online writing services. Many young people are too busy or just afraid to write the essay by themselves. That is why they try to find some help in the Internet, and many writing services offer it. Our company in not an exception. We are specialized in research papers, articles, thesis, essays, and other paper works. Thereby, it is not a problem for us to write an excellent graduate school essay that will help you to pass the application process. Our writers are working in top colleges and universities, so they know requirements to such works and how to impress the admission committee. In addition, we offer affordable prices, fast order processing, flexible deadlines, and high quality. Our customer support works 24/7 and is always ready to answer all your questions. Furthermore, we offer free revision till the client is satisfied. In order to make a great essay, our representative will contact you and try to find out as much as possible about you. This information will be used to persuade officials to take you to the school. If you have any doubts left, just leave us a message. We will contact you and answer all your questions!